This idea sounded better in my head. When I was a kid I always enjoyed getting to do crafty things with my mom. Now that I have kids I want them to enjoy doing crafty things with me. The problem? I’m not super crafty. I try to mimic things I see or do things other people do. Sometimes it works, other times not so much. This time around, the idea was good, but it didn’t exactly work to plan. It wasn’t a huge disaster, but it was not a hit, that’s for sure!
APPARANTLY, when melting crayons you need to use good quality crayons. The crap ones you get in restaurants have lots of wax. That’s okay for coloring, but when melting them the wax stays at the top, so when you pop out your crayon only one side colors. This makes for unhappy children. I tried to soften the crayon in the microwave and slicing the waxy top off. Yeah. It is as stupid as it sounds. Not only did that not work, but I sliced my thumb in the meantime. :(
However, getting to bake the crayons will be a memory for the kids even if they don’t remember that they didn’t actually get to use the crayons! So it seems in the end it was a win anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment