Thursday, September 29, 2011

Walking To School

IMG_20110901_091638 I believe this picture was taken September 1st. The weather was beautiful. Shyla got a new bike. The kids were excited to walk to school. Malachi’s school, and what will be Shyla’s school next year, is only about a 2 minute drive from our house. Walking though takes about 25ish minutes. We had all walked to school before, but on the way back Shyla poops out. I usually make her and Jacob trade off riding in the stroller though this makes for a loud, long walk home. This day something in me said it would be a good idea for Shyla to ride her bike instead of walk.


Not a total loss, but not the brightest idea. She had just gotten the bike a few days before and wasn’t used to riding it. Problem #1. I wanted her to stay on the sidewalk so she’d tip and sometimes fall each time we passed someones driveway. Problem #2. Malachi wanted to ride it. Problem #3. Shyla gets frustrated easily. Problem #4. We have to walk Malachi to class and I didn’t know where to park the bike where I felt it would be safe. Problem #5. Trying to keep Malachi from not listening and running into the street without looking for cars while pushing a stroller and helping Shyla when she tips over. Problem #6.


Since then a lady at the school showed me how to have both kids in the stroller. It’s heavier and harder to push, but it works. I don’t know about how the stroller will take it long term, but it works for the occasional times I need to double up the kids… AS LONG AS NEITHER OF THEM GROWS :)

No comments: