Fast forward to just over a month ago. We were out front watering the veggie garden and hanging out discussing what we wanted to do with the yard landscaping wise. We said why don't we try to turn the valve on the water spigot "just to see what happens". And to our surprise... the sprinklers turn on! We originally counted 4 sprinklers, but were taken aback when there were actually 6. We did a little cleaning of a couple of them, had to dig a couple out of the grass around it, but there were 6. After we turned the valve off 2 of the sprinklers kept leaking. We didn't know that they were leaking until after Jake had his surgery and wasn't able to do anything to fix them. I discovered they were leaking when I saw 2 SUPER GREEN patches of grass. I'm talking nice, thick, plush grass.
We needed to add valves to the watering system and run some new wire that had been cut into the garage, so Jake did a little digging and was able to make it happen. It looks good and so does the graass now that we're able to water regularly. For the last 2 years we've been here, watering the front lawn consists of me running a sprinkler and moving it every so often, standing there watering it by hand, or using a soaker hose that I also have to move every so often. None of which was particularly entertaining to me, which is why last year I just let the lawn die. It was too much work to keep it even a little green.
No comments:
Post a Comment