Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Peek-A-Boo

I wish I could remember learning and playing the simple games in life like Peek-A-Boo. I love seeing a childs face light up when you move your hands away, as if it was really that easy to "disappear". Jacob's an observer. He likes to watch you play the game. But recently, he started playing back... sometimes. He's getting to that "copycat" age and it's fun to do things to see if he'll do it too.It is SO CUTE playing peek-a-boo with Jacob. When you cover your face, he covers his too. Only he puts his hands to the side of his head like in the picture. It's all about perception. I love watching little kids learn perception. We often take our abilities for granted. It can't be any more obvious than watching a baby grow. We aren't born knowing how to think, how to reason, with perception, how to stand, have strength, or when the proper time is to laugh. All these things we are taught. I'm speaking for all of us here, but I believe that we often forget that even with the smallest task, without instruction, we wouldn't know how to do it.

And yes... I got all that from playing peek-a-boo with my son!

No comments: