Monday, May 17, 2010

Mixing Colors

With Shyla out of preschool for several more months, my plan was for a couple days a week so do preschool type stuff with her. Learning numbers, letters, tracing, cutting, etc. So far, it's only been about 1 day a week, but it's better than nothing! This weeks lesson was on mixing colors. I'm sure afterwards she was throughly confused, but it was fun nonetheless.

I don't remember all the art activities I used to do with my mom and I'm not so sure Shyla will either. But I do remember getting to spend time with my mom. Playing games, drawing, coloring, etc. It's the time spent that I remember the most. I hope that Shyla will one day look back fondly when remembering me and be glad of the time she got to spend with me! What do you think the chances are she'll look back fondly during her preteen/teenage years????? :-)
It's a little hard to tell from the pictures, but the colors were supposed to be purple, green, and orange. I had 3 little bowls with water. We colored 3 pages. One page had red + blue = purple, another had yellow + blue = green, and the last one had red + yellow = orange. I used a couple drops of food coloring to show how the colors mixed. Shyla enjoyed stirring the bowls and got very excited when it was time to fingerpaint with the colors on a napkin. She's too smart for her own good. I really have to be creative to keep her occupied and happy while doing an activity. She's VERY INDEPENDENT so I must be careful. Creating activties for her is becoming more fun for me. I'm not the most creative person when it comes to stuff like this so I read and ask around for different ideas.

Soon to come: edible playdoh!

No comments: