Easter morning was a lot of fun. The night before, when everyone had gone to bed, I went downstairs, I mean the Easter Bunny stopped by and left a present for everyone! In the morning Shyla was so excited. She actually started eating the peanut M&M's before she had breakfast. She continued to eat them after Grandma Candy arrived. Her excuse was, "I'm getting them to give to Grandma". Good one Shyla!
After breakfast we waited for Grandma Candy to arrive and then we had an Easter Egg Hunt in the front yard. It was supposed to rain so our backup plan was to have the hunt in the house. I think it would've been harder to find the eggs intermixed with all the toys laying around. Fortunately, we had the hunt, and just as we were finishing up... it started to sprinkle. It then turned quickly into full on rain, which continued until the next day. 
After the "hunt" we went to eat at Fresh Choice. As always, the company was nice and the food was yummy! Jacob enjoyed his first ice cream cone and devoured it. He'd whine whenever it wasn't in his mouth.

I want to take a minute and say that after the eggs are hunted, the candy is eaten, and bunny has ran away, that Christ is still present. Without Him, there would be no Easter. I'm not even sure how the Easter Bunny came to be part of this special day. But I don't want to forget the rold that Christ has played in my life. In a nutshell, I was raised Catholic and am now a Latter-Day Saint. While not everyone in my family believes the same things as myself, I strongly believe that without the knowledge of Christ and the special role He plays in our lives, that I would not feel as strongly as I do today that there is a God, and that Christ lives. He is my rock, my salvation, and my Savior.

1 comment:
So you guys don't do baskets either. We never have.
Post a Comment