Saturday, April 3, 2010

Child Water Safety Fair

After playing around at the Eggstravaganza, we stayed for a child water safety demonstration called April Pool's Day. I think they were betting on it being sunny, but this day there was cold, wind, and clouds. It was still fun! I learned about carseat safety (which you'd think I know a lot about having 2 kids, but I found out I didn't know as much as I thought I knew). Shyla learned about life jackets. And Jake learned that to keep baby Jacob happy he had to keep the stroller moving!
We were told that there was a helicopter that was going to land in the parking lot so we went out there to wait and watch. Beforehand, I saw some pretty flowers and couldn't resist taking pictures of Shyla. I think flowers help to make little girls look very angelic-like.
Shyla's preschool is across the street from the community center. Here she is showing us where her school is at. She even got to sit in the front seat of a firetruck! We forgot to ask, but next time she gets in an emergency vehicle I hope they let her toot a horn or sound a siren!
Killing time before the helicopter lands. Actually, the helicopter was in the process of landing during this picture. You can sort of see it in Shyla's hair that it was windy from the propelors (propelers?). Jake gave her his sunglasses so she wouldn't get dirt kicked up into her eyes.
Watching the safety alligator walk out of the helicoptor reminds me of an image of Obama getting off Air Force One. Only in this instance, the safety alligator is here to help the children... not hurt them in the years to come!

No comments: