Saturday, April 3, 2010

Eggstravaganza

This was the 5th year the City of Antioch has put on their Easter Eggstravaganza, but the first year we've gone. We weren't really sure what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. There were many activitives for the kiddies to do, but with Shyla being the age she is was mostly concerned about jumping in the bouncy house. I made her suffer through the activities for 2 reasons. #1- candy was involved, which she would benefit from even if she didn't think she would. And #2- I wanted to take pictures of her doing the activities, which I would benefit from and she would too, only not until later in life.
Of course this weekend God didn't get the memo that we wanted warm, Springy weather for Easter. So it was cold, a little windy, and even though the sun eventually came out, it was still chilly. And then it rained the next day for Easter Sunday. Here are some pictures of the fun activities that were planned. In no particular order, Shyla was able to make a pixie stick, paint a picture with splatter paint, build a marshmallow and frosting bunny, make bunny ears, get her face painted, and went on an Easter egg hunt! Shyla was very sad at nighttime when she was brushing her teeth and discovered that her face wasn't painted like a bunny anymore.

(A note about the egg hunt: They announced that each child should only get 8 eggs and 1 golden egg. SOME people didn't get that memo or just chose to ignore it. Shyla couldn't find a golden egg and then when we did find one a couple adults were stock piling all the eggs they could find and all the gold ones too. I grabbed one of them and said that they really should pay attention and only take 8 eggs and 1 golden one like they were asked to.) I don't usually say things to people, but when kids are involved, the parents really should know better. I guess that's why some kids grow up not respecting others, because that's how they were taught. And to think all their efforts were just for a few extra pieces of candy. Go to the store and buy a bag for cryin' out loud!
Later on we got to take pictures with the Easter bunny. Shyla promised that this year she wouldn't be scared of him. She was. Although this year she got closer than last year. Last year her bunny picture was of her at home with a large stuffed bunny. This year she sat near the REAL Easter bunny! I'm not usually satisfied when other people take pictures of the family, but this will have to do. I can't expect everyone to know how to use the camera I guess, ha!

1 comment:

Heather said...

You guys to so many fun things. I never think to check out and see what the communities around us are doing. I'll keep this in mind for next year!