Well, Jacob is battling another cold and last night he was having trouble breathing AGAIN. The odd thing is that yesterday afternoon Jacob had his 9-month well-check visit and the doctor just said he sounded stuffy, but nothing about how his lungs sounded (that visit should be the next post). I emailed the doctor about what to do. He prescribed the nebulizer form of Albuterol. It's a much faster acting form than the liquid kind.
Long story short, but I ended up talking with the doctor on the phone and he explained how we can get a nebulizer and how it works. Since we didn't already have a nebulizer with our copay Kaiser delivered one a few hours later for only $26! Can't go wrong there. They cost much more than that in the stores. The doctor said that Jacob probably has sensitive lungs and it runs in the family. His first couple treatments he didn't really like the mask on his face, but after the first few he's actually really calm and sometimes falls asleep during them. I don't think Jake or I have "sensitive" lungs, but I know my grandma does and possibly some of Jake's family. It's not really a bad thing. Doctor says that with subsequent colds Jacob will probably have some trouble breathing, especially at nighttime, and require the nebulizer treatments until he feels better.
No comments:
Post a Comment