Saturday, March 6, 2010

Ballet Recital

It's finally arrived! Shyla's first ballet recital! She's been taking a ballet class with 8 little girls. They are so cute in their ballet shoes and tutus. They are also very cute when they stand at the bar and do some footwork! Shyla loves to play dressup and wears her dress ALL... DAY... LONG dancing (and spinning) around.

I wanted to try her in a few different classes to see which, if any, she liked the best. I plan to keep her in the one she likes best. Her next class is a tap class that starts March 22nd. We already bought her some tap shoes, which she loves to wear. I'm justifiying letting her wear them now so she can break them in, but in reality I just love watching her happy and she enjoys "tapping" around in the kitchen. There were 8 girls in her ballet class, though one girl didn't show up for the last practice or recital. They were still SUPER adorable! Shyla is the second one from the right. She does very well when she's facing either of her teachers. In the videos you can see her sideways as she's trying to see one of the teachers.


No comments: