Wednesday, December 2, 2009

House and Tree Decorating

Last year I got Christmas decorations up too close to Christmas. I left them up for weeks afterwards because I felt I had just put them up and wasn't ready to take them down yet. This year I REALLY wanted to get decorations up after Halloween, call me crazy. While I didn't get them up right after, I did get them up before Thanksgiving, except for tree decorating. We got the tree up but wanted to wait until after Thanksgiving so we could all decorate together. We put on Christmas music, which I love, and decorated away!

Shyla had a lot of fun helping out this year... last year not so much. I have to try harder to let Shyla decorate the way she wants to without correcting her creativity. If I always tell her, "No honey, you have to put it here.", then how will she learn to be creative. It's hard for me to do that when it looks "funny", but in reality it was decorated by Shyla so it would be BEAUTIFUL! She got to put the candy canes on the tree.

Jacob even did his part! They are never too young to help participate in the decorating of the tree.Me and Jake putting in our effort. If you look closely you can see me behind Jake in the ornament taking the picture. We had to amuse ourselves somehow!

The most important part... THE STAR! This is the first star we bought for our tree the first year we were married. It's sentimental.

Whew... we're done... now time to wrap presents!

No comments: