Saturday, December 12, 2009

Antioch 2nd Ward Christmas Party

In the morning, Shyla helped to make eggs for breakfast. Maybe she will be a cook when she's older? I love teaching her to cook and make delicious food. She's a really good helper and loves to participate. I let her help as much as I can as long as it's safe... and as long as there are no eggs to crack :)
It was that time of year again for our ward to have their Christmas party. Last year we had a Christmas breakfast party and I didn't think it was as much fun as when they are evening parties. Sorry for anyone reading this who planned it last year! Shyla and her BFF Cheyanne. These girls are like two peas in a pod. Whatever one will do, so will the other. They are only a couple weeks apart in age and it's so facinating to watch them play together. It must be what it's like to see twins play together. Same age, but different on so many levels. This year Shyla wasn't afraid of Santa at all. She loved to see him at the mall or in any store. She proudly talked about him any time his name was brought up. She was excited to leave him milk and cookies this year. UNTIL... she had to go near him in real life! She FLIPPED out when it was her turn to sit on his lap. (This year, Santa was played by our friend Laurie's dad). Shyla knows Laurie's dad, but we COULD NOT tell her that he was playing Santa. So, no pictures of Shyla with Santa this year. She wasn't having anything to do with him. Jacob on the other hand was f-a-c-i-n-a-t-e-d by his white beard. He started playing with it at one point and I thought he was going to pull it off, haha! This photo is really not as good as it looks when it's bigger. I'm talking... Shyla isn't even looking at the camera and was still in shock from seeing the big, fat guy who was on the stage to the side of the couch... Jacob isn't looking at the camera and only has one bootie... and then there Jake.

1 comment:

Fenima said...

I can't believe that Jacob is not afraid of Santa. Malachi was still kind of scared last year. This Christmas, he was a Santa stalker.
I love your Christmas decorations, and children are beautiful. So glad to see them last month, sorry that you got so sick.