Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning

On Christmas Eve, Shyla put out milk and cookies for Santa to eat when he came down the chimney. You can tell in the picture she was E X H A U S T E D, but she didn't let that stop her. She was still energetic and running all around the house well after 11pm. We had gotten home late from dinner with the family in San Jose but still wanted to let Shyla put out the milk and cookies. She had been talking about Santa, the cookies, and the chimney for a while so we couldn't deprive her of it.
First thing when Jacob woke up he wanted to eat. Normally we'd give him some milk and cereal but just a bottle this morning so we could hurry and get to the presents. However, he had other plans. Here he is about 10 minutes after waking up... sleeping on the bottle! We woke him up and Shyla too before heading downstairs. Shyla was very excited to get to see if Santa came...
And he DID! He left her a stocking full of goodies! We found some decent stocking-stuffer type stuff in the $1 section at Target. There were marking pens, magnet dress up dolls, dry earse boards, brush w/ mirror, playdough, and a few other things for only a buck each... WOOHOO!
The kids enjoyed opening their gifts. Well Shyla enjoyed opening them, Jacob enjoyed eating the paper and getting into stuff. It was so fun this year to have Christmas morning. Last year Shy wasn't too into it yet. It was more exciting to just play with the toy no matter what it was. This year she was really excited about getting presents. She talked about it for a couple weeks before Christmas. She was excited to open them up and see what was inside. It was great to be able to be a source of happiness for her. You should've seen her little face just beam with each gift! I think I just felt a tug on my heartstrings!
Every year for Christmas... Jake spoils me. He hates it when I never spend and time or money on myself during the year because I'm always thinking about other people and buying things they would like. I scored big time this year! We both had wanted to buy games/accessories for our new Wii (thanks Candy!). We researched and researched the best places to buy the stuff and really tried to get the best deals. Well, I wanted to buy Wii Fit Plus but thought it would be more of a "me" game and I was trying to find something for Jake. Turns out Santa brought a gift for the family and it was none other than... Wii Fit Plus w/balance board! It would've been really funny if we both bought the same gift! We both love it and play it all the time.
The best gift I got was tickets to go see Wicked. The untold story of the witches of Oz. My favorite childhood movie is Wizard of Oz and I tend to gravitate towards things that have to do with it. I've been wanting to see Wicked for a long time and get a little bummed each time I hear someone went to go see it and I still hadn't gone yet. Jake is not really one for musicals... but he's going too... and I think he's secretly going to LOVE IT!
After opening presents, we ate breakfast. We're trying to perfect the best choice for Christmas breakfast that doesn't take to long to make. We're leaning towards blueberry pancakes and eggs.

No comments: