Wednesday, December 23, 2009

6 Months Old and He's Sitting

I'm a little late in posting this but on December 1st, Jacob turned 6 months old. Um, where did the time go? Didn't I just give birth so this little bundle of joy? At his 6 month well check he was due for shots. I wasn't planning on it but figured "why not" and decided to get him the H1N1 and seasonal flu shots (as well as for Shyla). When it came time for shots he had 5 needles! It's usually not that bad for me but I actually got teary eyed listening to him scream through all 5 shots! (Shyla was able to get one of the shots as a nasal mist and the other as a shot. I thought I was going to have a harder time with her shot being that she was older and I'd have to hold her down, which would in turn make me weepy... but she did better than I thought and I didn't shed one tear. Thanks for showing mommy how to be a strong girl, Shyla!)

Jacob's current stats (as of 12/1/09) are as follows:

14lb, 2.3oz (3.87% weight for age)
25 ½” (18.74% length for age)
17.01” head circ. (21% circ for age)

-loves to be on all 4’s and rock back and forth

-adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse

-has moments when he loves to babble (usually in the evenings and also when food is present), though still relatively quiet

Back on 12/10/09 Jacob started sitting unassisted! He had been working at it for a few days and then one day he did it! What a milestone for him.
Now what possessed me to later on that day, without Jake or any extra help, to have a mini photo shoot with both kids is beyond me, but here are a few cute shots I was able to capture. I tried to teach Shyla a "sassy" pose, but it didn't quite work out. Sometimes the shots worked out nicely, sometimes they didn't. It was still a lot of fun and Shyla is starting to love when I take pictures of her. She always tell me to, "Go get your camera momma."

Time to call it quits! (What do you think?)

No comments: