On this day, I didn't hear any noise. I turned around and didn't see the baby. I called for Shyla and didn't hear her either. I yelled for her and ever so quietly I hear, "Yes mommy?". I walk until I can hear her and I find both kids in Shyla's playhouse on the other side of the house. She had carried him from the back family room across the entryway into the livingroom and dragged him into her house to play with her.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Shyla's Corner
We find the best things sometimes at the houses we have to clean out. Jake found this badboy recently and we cleaned it off and set it up for Shyla just before Christmas. She LOVED it and that's putting it mildly. You can't tell from the picture, but it was mighty cold outside. That didn't stop her. Sometimes I don't even think she can feel the cold. She wanted to play outside on her new "park" as she calls it. I feel bad though because it's cold and wet most days so between that and getting behind on cleaning up dog poop I haven't been able to let her play on it as much as she'd like. Soon though... 

Shyla has becomes quite the budding artist. Jake and I work a lot with her on her drawings. It seems to be something she's rather interested in. I used to draw a line down her easel. I'd draw on one side and she'd mimic what I drew on the other side. Well, one day she really wanted to draw faces, so with each face she drew, she'd tell me who it was and I'd write the name. When Jake got home she proceeded to proudly show off her drawing and tell him who each person was. And she got them all CORRECT! Go Shyla!
Shyla loves to carry her brother around the house. I used to stop her from doing it. After one particular day of ALL DAY LONG telling her to stop, I gave up. I decided I can't stop her from doing everything, all the time, every day. I choose instead to show her how to lay him down gently so his head doesn't hit the ground. Voila! Now even though she carries him around she's careful about it and knows not to let his head hit the floor. (Now if I can just get her to not whack his head with her toys or squish his binky in his face we're making progress.)
On this day, I didn't hear any noise. I turned around and didn't see the baby. I called for Shyla and didn't hear her either. I yelled for her and ever so quietly I hear, "Yes mommy?". I walk until I can hear her and I find both kids in Shyla's playhouse on the other side of the house. She had carried him from the back family room across the entryway into the livingroom and dragged him into her house to play with her.
Although she doesn't always show it, Shyla loves her brother SO MUCH! She talks about him all the time. Tells people about the new things he does. Brags about him going to the doctor, the foods he's eating, and that he sometimes pulls her hair. I pray that they will grow to always love and care for each other. And I pray that I can teach them that before my time here is over.
On this day, I didn't hear any noise. I turned around and didn't see the baby. I called for Shyla and didn't hear her either. I yelled for her and ever so quietly I hear, "Yes mommy?". I walk until I can hear her and I find both kids in Shyla's playhouse on the other side of the house. She had carried him from the back family room across the entryway into the livingroom and dragged him into her house to play with her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment