Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Night and Day

I think I have a baby who DOESN'T have their night and days mixed up. Jacob has an erractic, yet predictable, pattern of sleeping in lots of short naps during the day. Lots of times he's awake for long periods of time, I'm talking many hours, during the day and catches back up on sleep in the evenings, but again, only in short periods.

Then at night, once it hits about 9pm or so, he'll wake up in more or less 3 hour increments. SOMETIMES if I'm lucky it'll be about 3 1/2 hours, but only once. He wakes to eat, be changed, and rocked back to sleep.

This wouldn't be so bad if during the day I didn't have a toddler to chase around and keep out of trouble. He doesn't want to play or be put down during the day and if I put him in his Sleepy Wrap... he goes to sleep and would never be awake, which with my luck would make him be awake during the night (Nooo thank you).

Oh the joys of parenting.

2 comments:

GayLynn said...

Merilee and I have often asked the question, "How will we do it with two?!" Motherhood is definitely the most demanding job in the world. And so worth it. Hang in there! You're doing great.

Fenima said...

Amen sista, gotta love being a parent. I'm glad that Jacob is gaining weight and healthy, he such a cute boy.