Shyla had her first official swim lesson a couple days ago. At first I thought about enrolling her into a swim class locally, but then I thought why would I do that? We have a pool here at the house and if she's in a local class I would just be in the water with her... which I could just do here.
Last week I gave her a mini lesson. But this time it was a fun, long lesson. She got to use mommy's kickboard.


She also "swam" from one side of the pool to the other with a little assistance.It got a little cooler in the water so we moved into the spa. Then her self confidence began to grow. She wanted to jump off the side, but with the stairs so close in the water she had to compromise with us. We let her jump off the steps into the middle.

That's when she practiced going under water. Well, it was more like "dunking". She LOVED it!

Before her lesson, she floated around the pool on the raft with me. She didn't like it at first. She screamed and yelled. After a while though she was having a good time. Even leaning off the edge to splash the water!!! (Can anyone say mini heartattack?!)
1 comment:
Looks like a fun time. We are working on Kat's swimming too. It was great seeing you guys at the reunion. You are such a fun family.
Post a Comment