Saturday, July 18, 2009

BBQ Day

Today we had 2 BBQ's to attend. Luckily, one was earlier in the day and one was later. The first BBQ we attended was for the Tri-Valley Ward Reunion for those who attended 1998-2003. This is the second time the old bishopric has put this fun event on. They are doing it every 3 years to help everyone stay in touch. This year it was held at the Norris Canyon Estates club house where one of the bishopric lives. I thought it was fun to see all the new babies. 3 years ago a lot of us had just had a baby or were pregnant. This time around the babies of 3 years ago were running around while mom and dad had another new addition. I also enjoyed getting to talk to some people that I wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity to if it weren't for this BBQ. It's always good to hear what people have been up to.
This is our old Bishop and his son Jared.

Shyla had a great time play with Kat (Tim and Lora's daughter). They are expecting their second child in September and I'm excited because they are having a boy. Our daughters are a few months apart in age and so will be our sons.

Fun with mommy and bubbles... what could be better?

After this BBQ we went home to let Shyla (and mommy and daddy) take a short nap. Then we were off to the next BBQ. It was our annual Stake BBQ for Pioneer Day. Last year there there was a bouncy house that Shyla was scared to go it. This year there was a huge blow up water slide that she was scared to go on. She said she wanted to try it but when it came her turn... well... she didn't go down it.

On the other side of the picnic area there was a makeshift Slip N Slide. Shyla had fun with this one although she didn't quite get the "slide" part of the fun. She got so wet that her shorts were falling down! I didn't know there was going to be water activities or I would've brought her swimsuit.

After dinner Shyla got her first taste at cottoncandy. She couldn't eat all of it, but what she did eat she loved! Even Jacob enjoyed the BBQ's.

It was a very warm day and we were definitely drained by the time we got home but it was so much fun! I had 2 burgers in one day though... I probably should've just stuck to one.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

All day I had planned to go to that Stake barbeque, but when it got so hot my husband refused. Oh well, maybe next year.

Christina said...

Too bad, he could've gone down the giant blow up water slide!

TimLoraKat said...

That was a lot of fun at the reunion. I love the pictures of the two girls. We need to get them together more often...I am lame, sorry.

Kat is afraid of inflatable bouncy things as well. I am not sure why, but she is for some reason.

The slip 'n slide looks interesting, but fun.