Jacob had a weight check appointment today. I was hoping he would at least be 7 lbs and he was... 7lb, 1.8oz but still over 7 lbs. He went from the 4% to the 3% so the doctor wants us to come back in 2 weeks. If he's still dropping in % then he'll let me know what we have to do then. Since babies can have vaccination shots after 6 weeks, his next weight check is going to be his "2 month well check" and he'll get his first set of shots at that time.
He hasn't been eating well the last week or so... dunno why... don't want to get started on that subject, it's been hard enough. Each day seems to be harder and harder.
It's now almost 9pm and since about 4:30pm Jacob's been awake. At first it wasn't so bad. He played for a few minutes and I fed him. But for over 3 1/2 hours now: I've fed him twice, rocked him, laid him on his front, his back, gave him a pacifier, put him in a swing, in a bouncer, used the vibrations and music, had his sister play with him, changed him twice, sang songs, laid on the couch with him, left him in the other room for 15 minutes and "waited", and what's the result? He's STILL CRYING! OMG! I'm sorry, but this sucks!
He hasn't been eating well the last week or so... dunno why... don't want to get started on that subject, it's been hard enough. Each day seems to be harder and harder.
It's now almost 9pm and since about 4:30pm Jacob's been awake. At first it wasn't so bad. He played for a few minutes and I fed him. But for over 3 1/2 hours now: I've fed him twice, rocked him, laid him on his front, his back, gave him a pacifier, put him in a swing, in a bouncer, used the vibrations and music, had his sister play with him, changed him twice, sang songs, laid on the couch with him, left him in the other room for 15 minutes and "waited", and what's the result? He's STILL CRYING! OMG! I'm sorry, but this sucks!
Jake is working Singing Flag for Concord PD tonight so I'm on my own. It's almost 9:30pm. I'm cranky, hungry, tired, and hot.
It could be worse, I could have twins!
UPDATE: After being fed again, burped again, changed again, and rocked again, he's finally asleep at 10:30pm after being awake for 6 hours. Goodnight.
UPDATE: The lack of going to sleep for 6 hours did nothing to help him sleep any longer. Once he went to sleep he was awake again after a couple hours like he is any other time he goes to sleep.
4 comments:
oh gosh, i'm sorry he's crying so much. maybe a blessing? i think we did that for andrew. he NEVER went poop and would get so backed up. our dr told us to use gripe water (which at the time you couldn't find many places, but now it's all over). maybe that might help? ugh, i'm sorry it's so frustrating not knowing what's wrong. but your darling daughter is really cute playing in that blow up duck.
i understand the non-weight gain issue. it's stressful. put crying on top of that... oh my goodness. i love the ducky bath, cassidy loves to sit in it and splash and have fun.
Jessa sleeps, but hasn't slept through the night yet. It's hard enough though because you really can't get anything done and the older kid need to be entertained, sand you're exhausted. I feel the pain. Well, hope it'll get better soon with Jacob.
I am so sorry! You are making me nervous for baby #3. I've been pretty lucky so far. Both boys were good eaters and good sleepers. But I'm not holding my breath. Something tells me it will be a while before #4 comes... if at all.
I don't think I have any advice for you... hopefully he isn't colic. The newborn stage is supposed to be nice during the day... they're just supposed to sleep...
Post a Comment