I know this won't be the last time this happens, but ay-yi-yi! So Jacob is hanging out with Shyla watching a movie and Shyla asks if she can play with her playdough. I said sure, no big deal, right? Wrong!
With Jacob in one room and Shyla in another I thought it would be OK for me to use the restroom. The short time I'm gone I hear Jacob crying so I go in to see why... Shyla's sitting next to him saying she combed his hair! She's using a plastic comb that scratched his head. There were a few other scratches on the top of his head but you can't see them in the picture.
A little bit later after I get him calmed back down and Shyla back to playing with her playdough again I thought it was a good time for me to get breakfast. I got sidetracked with bringing stuff upstairs. Again, I hear Jacob crying so I go in to see why... Shyla's again sitting next to him. As I'm walking up I asked her if she gave him his pacifier, she's usually very good about giving it to him when he cries. She says "yes, he's eating playdough". I'm like whaaaat???!!?!!?! I rush over to him and he's just sucking away on a huge piece of pink playdough! I had to shove my finger in his mouth to get the big piece out and because it was softened I had to scrape the rest of it off the roof of his mouth and then use a paper towel to get the residue that my finger couldn't get out.
Then to top it off as I'm consoling him after the playdough ordeal he peed through his diaper and it got all over his onesie! What a day this kid has had and it still isn't over!
With Jacob in one room and Shyla in another I thought it would be OK for me to use the restroom. The short time I'm gone I hear Jacob crying so I go in to see why... Shyla's sitting next to him saying she combed his hair! She's using a plastic comb that scratched his head. There were a few other scratches on the top of his head but you can't see them in the picture.
A little bit later after I get him calmed back down and Shyla back to playing with her playdough again I thought it was a good time for me to get breakfast. I got sidetracked with bringing stuff upstairs. Again, I hear Jacob crying so I go in to see why... Shyla's again sitting next to him. As I'm walking up I asked her if she gave him his pacifier, she's usually very good about giving it to him when he cries. She says "yes, he's eating playdough". I'm like whaaaat???!!?!!?! I rush over to him and he's just sucking away on a huge piece of pink playdough! I had to shove my finger in his mouth to get the big piece out and because it was softened I had to scrape the rest of it off the roof of his mouth and then use a paper towel to get the residue that my finger couldn't get out.
Then to top it off as I'm consoling him after the playdough ordeal he peed through his diaper and it got all over his onesie! What a day this kid has had and it still isn't over!
Ay-yi-yi!
7 comments:
You can tell him his first solid food was playdough. ;)
Isn't older sister love grand?
D- that actually made me laugh out loud.
andrew is a play dough eater too! when they have it out in nursery they make andrew play with cars because he always tries to eat it.
She is keeping you on your toes!
I'm such a slacker lately with reading blogs! Congratulations on having such an adorable little boy! I love seeing pictures of your family and of Shyla getting so big! Can you believe how fast they grow?!?! Amazing!
Anyway, much love to one and all... and a happy belated anniversay! =)
OH MY GOSH!!! i am scared!!! poor little guy! at least his big sis is sharing with him!!! oh!
Post a Comment