Thursday, July 9, 2009

Heavenly Green

Today we had a rep from Heavenly Green come to our house to give us a quote for installing "fake" grass. I know the quote is going to be higher than I'd like it to be. I know that we will save money over time. I'm still nervous to get the quote back. While I'd like to do the front of the house first since that's what most people see, I think we're going to do the back first so both the dogs and Shyla can have something nice to play on.

The brand Heavenly Green uses is Field Turf and while I won't do a sales pitch on here, I will say that the product, installation process, company, and warranty are the best around Northern California. I did my research before having the sales guy come out to the house. I'm still nervous for the quote though. We looked at some houses around the area that have it installed and we really like it. Trust me, it's not your typical "fake" grass, it's WAY BETTER.
Last night Shyla spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. They watched a movie, had popcorn, and took Corky (their dog) and Petey (the dog they are dog sitting for that looks identical to Corky) for a walk. They brought Shyla back home today and stayed helping me watch the kids and do some chores. While the sales guy was here my mom took Shyla outside to play in her zebra pool. She taught her how to go down the slide on her tummy and backwards (thanks mom!).
She was freezing and shivering but wanted to keep playing in the cold water for almost 30 minutes. She takes after her mommy, a water bug!

I'm thankful they took the time to come help me out. I didn't get as much rest/sleep as I wanted, well, I didn't get any, but some of the chores got done. My mom helped out a lot watching Jacob so I could have free hands to do whatever was needed. My dad walked both dogs, picked up dog poop, washed dishes in the sink, and played with Shyla. I made us lunch in between all that. THANKS!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

hey, let me know how that heavenly green stuff works. we are sorta thinking about putting something like that in our backyard. i've heard it is pretty expensive (and i'm sure it will pay for itself over time) but we have a pretty big backyard.

THE GROWS said...

SHe is too funny. I love the picture with her going down the slide with her bum in the air.