Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day

MOTHER'S DAY 2009- Jake woke up early, which is saying a lot since neither of us really get the chance to sleep in and when we do... it's Mother's Day! I stayed upstairs watching TV while Jake came down and made me breakfast. MMMmmm we had eggs, toast, bacon, and my fav... SMOOTHIES!

I got 3 cards... one from Jake, which was really, really sweet. One from Shyla, which made me laugh. And one from our son, which was a nice touch to breakfast. Getting a little something from each family member shows they are thinking of me and I cherish stuff like that.

After breakfast, we hung out and chatted a bit, cleaned up, and went to church. Not that I need to be bribed to go to church but we got bags of chocolate after Sacrament! It was a nice, mellow time at church. During Relief Society's lesson if we wanted to we could share something nice about our mom, or any mom or mother figure that we know. One lady shared a very touching few words about her Visiting Teacher. I won't name any names... you know who you are :) I don't think there was a dry eye in the room. It was so nice to hear how someone can be such strength to another. We help lift others in ways we never knew we could and that is a gift we all have and should never be forgotten! After she spoke, her daughter said some nice words about her and that made even MORE tears! It was a nice end to the afternoon.

For dinner we weren't able to spend it with either of our mom's but we did go to our friends house and had a nice dinner with their family. Their daughter was in town visiting so it was good food, with great friends, and I had a really genuinely peaceful day.

1 comment:

GayLynn said...

Glad you had such a nice Mother's Day. Ryan also got up early to cook me breakfast before church. =) Don't you love being a mom? I love husbands who love and appreciate their wives!