Tuesday, May 19, 2009

36 Weeks and Getting Uncomfortable

Tomorrow I will be 36 weeks along. I went to the doctor yesterday and he checked me and said that my cervix was dialating but still closed, he could feel the head (which means baby Bess is in position so get ready), and the heartbeat sounds good. I have another appointment in 2 weeks that I may or may not make, depending on the circumstances.


These pictures are from when I was 35 weeks.
Overall I am feeling just OK. The doctor even said I'm still carrying small but he's certainly "invading" my lung space. This pregnancy I'm carrying a lot higher so the whole time it's been difficult to breathe. I don't sleep well (if much at all) at night and any position I try to sleep in just makes my hips and back hurt since there are very few positions I can sleep in the last few months. No sleep = headaches first thing in the morning. I take Tylenol when I wake up and that usually wards off a worse headache. This HEAT lately hasn't been helping. Would someone please remind our Maker that summer hasn't started yet and this pregnant lady would like cooler weather for the next couple weeks???


We're moving right along getting the nursery put together and tying up loose ends. Shyla is handling things well thus far. She knows about this "thing" in my tummy called "brother", she can sign it too! She likes to lift my shirt and say "brother" and then lift her shirt and say "brother" or "baby". I hope she loves him once she realizes he'll be staying with us.

SHYLA LATELY (5 Fun Facts): I've been having a wonderful time getting to enjoy Shyla's last weeks as an only child. I am sad to loose the one-on-one time I've been able to have with her the last couple years, but anxious to meet our new addition to the family.


1. sings the ABC song (I didn't know she knew it and one of the toys in her room sings it. The other day she pushed the button that starts it and just starts singing along!)

2. loves to ask to go swimming (once we get her all ready and in the water she screams "all done" and wants out. However, once we take her out she screams to come back in.) Hmmm.

3. is enjoying coloring quite a bit and can draw a face with hair with some direction from us.

4. singing You Are My Suh-shine (she pronounces very well the words we taught her the signs to in the song and mumbles the tune for the rest).

5. LOVES, I repeat LOVES to play outside. Any temperature. Any time. First thing when we come downstairs. Last thing before bed. She screams when she has to come in to eat or take a nap. She really enjoys playing with the dogs outside. She plays in their food and water dishes. She also takes her toys INTO their dog-gloo, even her pillow, and just lays there talking to them. She comes in the house FILTHY I'm sure you can imagine.

3 comments:

Heather said...

you look so beautiful!! and tell me about this heat. i HATE it to. it make everything you have to do harder, and well really not want to do anything but sit there, and not move.

Riesel said...

Wow I'm only 27 weeks and my belly's as big as yours! Hehehe. You're such a cute pregnant mommy! I wish I was at 36 weeks already...back/hip/leg pains, heat and swelling are no fun. Hang in there!!!

Lindi said...

Love the pictures! that is good to enjoy the last weeks with one 1 child. Max loves being out doors also. Looks like this week will be a cool one.