Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Week 25-26

I hit 24 weeks and my uterus feels like it grew really fast. One day I'm feeling the baby moving just above my bellybutton and the next he's up by my ribs and I've felt him that high ever since. I also feel a lot of kicking on my right side. Way over on my right side. I was a little surprise he's that far over. Bending over, putting on shoes/socks, climbing our stairs, picking up Shyla, and washing dishes (it may be a small tummy so far but it still gets in the way) have all become suddenly harder. I am out of breath more (which is saying something, b/c i've been out of breath since we found out we were expecting).

March 2nd I started to feel the baby when he gets hiccups. Shyla used to get them every day, many times a day, for most of the pregnancy, so it's a feeling that I'm able to handle, though some think it's annoying. I feel them about 1-2 times most days. usually it's once during the day and once in late evening or when i'm going to bed.

Not much else to report. No cravings (though I like to eat oranges or cereal before bed to help curve the hunger pains during the night). Nothing wrong. Nothing extreme. Just a happy, healthy pregnancy thus far.
25 weeks (3/5/09)
26 weeks (3/12/09)
My next doctors appointment is on April Fools Day. Oh yeah, and I still have Braxton Hicks contractions. I had them with Shyla from 4 months on and the same is happening this time. From 4 months on I've felt them. ALL day long I feel them. There's a list of things you can do to help them and I've done them all but it makes no difference, they still happen anyways. At my last appointment the doctor checked my cervix (sorry if that's too much information) and said that nothing has changed so I can use what I've been feeling as a baseline. If I feel anything more then I'm to call the hospital.

5 comments:

Delirious said...

I had braxton hicks throughout my entire pregnancies. In some ways I think they are good exercise, but like you said, watch out if they start feeling too much like labor :)

Heather said...

i had braxton hicks (early) too. and some of the ladies in the ward were like, it's not them, you wouldn't feel them this early. don't you love advice when you don't want it?

THE GROWS said...

Your belly looks really cute, and you are tiny for 24 weeks.

Lehis said...

You are so teeny weeny! I'm jealous. I blow up like a big fat balloon! But those braxton hicks... yuck! Didn't have any with AJ, but with Mikko had them for 3 months prior to birth. Thise suckers hurt!! Mostly I guess its just uncomfortable...

Fenima said...

you look great and you are tiny.......so cute. I don't think I ever experience braxton hicks.