Someone finally came out a couple weeks ago and said something about the insulation inside the fridge was covering the sensor so basically the fridge couldn't tell itself to stop being cold and in turn our fridge became our freezer too! I didn't pay for 2 freezers, so of course this wasn't OK with me. The guy cleaned some part off and said to let the fridge thaw for a few hours and it shouldn't happen again. Well, within 2 weeks, everything was frozen again. So we called him back out. This time he replaced the sensor (one wonders why he didn't just do that in the first place!) . We let everything defrost for a couple hours like he said to before. The next morning, EVERYTHING WAS FROZEN AGAIN! This time the guy said we were supposed to let it defrost for 24 hours with the doors open. Um, why didn't he tell us this yesterday?!
Tomorrow morning I plan on wiping out all the shelves. What better time to clean up? Thankfully, we have a spare fridge in the garage where we could UNCONVENIENTLY store all our food for 1 day.
The annoying part of all of this is that each time he came out to "fix" our fridge, I went out and bought new food. I've re-bought food 3 times now. Frozen fresh tomatos, cucumbers, raw eggs, lettuce, etc. just doesn't unthaw very well.
*Sigh* *Sigh* *Sigh* *Sigh* *Sigh*
4 comments:
That's a bummer! And it's too bad because it is a pretty fridge.
you can say EXACTLY what you want to say here http://decemberspoliticalthoughts.blogspot.com/. I would love to hear what you have to say. Tell your friends that you know that are looking for an outlet that they can let it out there too. I am going to try to start something so that we who really care about this country can get our voices heard.
sometimes company techs are such idiots. last year we were having issues with our oven and cook top and thankfully it only took them 2 people to get it right, but it's still annoying. i think it would be really hard without a fridge. i'd just ask for my money back.
My in laws were having the same prob with there LG fridge she made them pay for gorcery's each time something went wrong. But yeah they came out like four times! Ridiculous! It ended up being a sensor thing too, but opposite than you, their freezer quit freezing.
On the plus side you have our "dream fridge", with the freezer on the bottom in a drawer and the top double doors, and yes stainless steel. Very nice, I'm very jealous...although I'll be more jealous when it's working right for you. :)
Post a Comment