Of course at any crab feed to "try" to have you not eat a lot of expensive crab they fill you with other food. First, there were DRINKS and PRETZEL mix to snack on. Then, they brought out SALAD, followed by GARLIC BREAD, followed by PASTA, and then the CRAB!!! I have to admit, I'm not the biggest crab eater. I don't care a whole lot for seafood except tuna from a can, salmon, and more recently mahi mahi. But, I will eat crab when given to me at a crab feed or when in salads. There was 2 "big guys" who came prepared though. They brought a mini cooler and some butter warmers that they lit candles under. They continued to eat the crab even as the other tables were being cleared off. Then, after the cleanup, they had 2 large buckets of crab that they were taking home! I guess some people just love their crab.
During dinner there was a silent auction put on by ex-Raider player Art Thoms. He had some nice items for bidding but the minimum bids were still a little high for us. We did though buy some raffle tickets. We didn't know there was going to be any raffles so we didn't come with much money. We bought $4 (4 tickets) for the 50/50 raffle and $4 (4 tickets) for the regular raffle. They had close to 30 raffle prizes to give away. They also had a door prize too! With our $8 to give, we won one of the raffle prizes. Guess what it was??? A bag of Starbucks coffee and a bottle of Zinfendal, neither of which do we drink, haha.
Not all of the reserves attended. There were about 5 other active reserves who didn't show up for one reason or another. The ones that did go were a lot of fun to be around.
4 comments:
How fun! Well, I guess you now have a gift for friends that would like either of your items.
What a fun date. I love Seafood. I can eat any kind of sea food everyday. You look great Christina.
I love lazy days too, but for some reason I've been in a cleaning mood. I'm not saying my house is super clean and organized, but it's been better than before.
I LOVE crab! I went to a crab feed once. But like you, I was pregnant at the time so took small portions of everything. By the time the crab came, I still had plenty of room to eat it. :)
That looks like it was a blast!! Delicious!!! glad it was a fun evening.
Post a Comment