Saturday, March 14, 2009

Beautiful Weather

Today there was such nice weather we couldn't just sit in the house and do nothing. We spent the morning picking up all the garbage and items we don't want anymore from our back and side yards and put it in the trailor to take to the dumps. Then, we got some snacks and took the dogs out one at a time for a walk around the neighborhood. We probably don't (in fact I know we don't) take the dogs out for walks as often as we'd like, but with the weather getting nicer we're making it more of a priority.
I don't know what type of tree this is, but I think it's really pretty. I see them all over Antioch. On the street next to ours there are a lot of them lining the street. The only thing I don't like about them, well the only 2 things I don't like, is that I don't like how they smell and I don't like how the little tiny petals from the blooming they do get all over the place. I mean, I love how pretty the petals are but if I had one of them in my yard I don't know how happy I'd be to clean them up.
Shyla sat in her stroller (which we found at a jobsite) most of the time. We took Smokey out first and she didn't want to help walk him. When we took Bandit out though she definitely wanted to help. Bandit had a lot of fun "getting loose" a few times. She didn't get far though. She loves the grass, so she'd run to the nearest lawn and roll around on her back. Precious.
It was fun getting to hear Shyla tell Bandit to get on the sidewalk. She'd point and say "here" . She'd pull on the leash and say "come on". She'd laugh and chase after her when she'd get loose and run to the lawn. She had a great time and her laughter made Jake and I enjoy the time as well. I just love to see her face light up and enjoy being outside. She loves to be outside. I'm greatful the weather is warming up a bit so we can take her out to play more. She sure misses the park and going for walks... and so do we.

1 comment:

Delirious said...

That's a fruitless pear. I LOVE their fall leaves, and the white blossoms, but like you, I hate the smell of them. My daughter calls them the stinky dead fish trees because she thinks that's what they smell like. :)