About a week ago Jake and I were working on a trash out at a property in Discovery Bay. We had found 3 shelving units that were $200 each! The people in this house certainly didn't buy cheap stuff. So instead of throwing them out we kept them for our house.
I thought it would be a good time to clean them off and move around my ever-growing book collection. Before I did that, I had set Shyla up in her new rocking chair with a bag of chips and the movie Shrek 2 (I love the Shrek movies). She sat there rocking and eating for almost the whole movie while I was able to work on the bookshelves. While I didn't finish this mini project it was nice that Shyla's growing to the age where she can entertain herself for a little bit without me having to be in the same room with her. If she watches TV it's usually educational TV, but with such a rainy day and her not being able to go outside and play I "splurged" on her and let her watch the movie.
After a while it was nap time. Ever since we put Shyla in her big girl bed, naptimes have become "interesting". The last couple days, she opens her door, which she just learned how to do, goes downstairs to play with her kitchen, then comes back upstairs to get me and Jake. This morning she woke us up crying because she had climbed over the gate that we have on the stairs and was playing. When she wanted to come back upstairs she couldn't get over the gate from the other side, so she stood there crying until we came and rescued her.
Which leads me to naptime. About 5 times of Jake and I going in there to coax her back into bed Jake goes in to find this...ALL of her clothes in 2 of her dresser drawers. When he opened the door Shyla was just sitting in the middle of the pile. I'm just glad she didn't empty the sock drawer which was the one on top. She knows her socks there, but perhaps she's saving that surprise for another day.
The picture below isn't from today, it's from a few weeks ago, but I thought it was fitting to show since it fit with all the clothes on the floor. This day I had gone in to get Shyla after her nap but she was already awake... the powder was on more than just what's in this picture. We promptly took all powder out of her room after this incident.
4 comments:
i had a baby powder incident when i was around 3 or 4 (i think). a friend and i dumped an entire bottle of it allover the family room. must be a girl thing.
i love those iron shelves!! it's amazing to me what people leave behind. i think our next door neighbors abandoned their home, and they have this huge set of patio furniture just hanging out.
Wait until she finds a way into the bathroom and all the fun products she can put in her own hair!
You guys totally get the hook up on stuff!! I think Paul needs to go in to that business next!
You got a great find! I hear changing beds can be tough. I am not looking forward to it. Good luck!
Post a Comment