To some I'm sure this will be a boring post. To others it may ruffle some feathers. These are just my thoughts I'm having today and I felt the need to "save" them for future reading. If you disagree with me or have nothing nice to say, please don't respond... I'll just delete your comment.
I used to like watching the news in the mornings to see how the world was going. Lately though I find that after a few minutes I'm mad already and just change the channel. All I ever hear is "we need more money", the state of CA gives IOU's for tax refunds, water and power utility increases, job cuts, education cuts, school closures, over sized classrooms, fuel tax increase, income tax increase, sales tax increase, bridge toll increase, postage stamp increase, etc... you get the idea...
I'm going to say, and I'm sorry if it makes someone mad, I did NOT vote for Obama. I'm not happy with what his "plans" are for the economy. I know that I'm already feeling the effects of everything going on and the money for his not helpful "stimulus package" hasn't even been given out yet. Where do people think we are going to come up with 1 TRILLION DOLLARS??? That's right, it's coming out of your pocket, even if you never see any of the money. I feel like no matter how I vote, or what anyone says, Obama will do whatever he wants. That's some power to have. No, I do not have all the answers, nor do I claim to, but I think "dishing" out money left and right isn't going to help the situation.
I know all too well about the foreclosure crisis. I know what caused it. I know how it affects people. I know what's happening with it now. We live it everyday when Jake or I go to work. I know that some of what it being told on TV is NOT TOTALLY TRUE. They make it seem like what the banks are doing is a good idea, but I know the reality. They don't talk about what criteria the bank wants you have to meet in order to maybe qualify. I also dislike when someone is portrayed on TV as the victim of a foreclosure. Here's the reality of most of these "victims", they KNEW what type of loan they would have, they KNEW the amount was going to increase, they KNEW when, they KNEW they weren't paying their loan for AT LEAST 6 months before the bank stepped in, they KNEW when they are getting evicted that it was coming. It's what happens when you don't pay your bills. I used to have more of a soft heart when it came to people losing their homes. After seeing day after day the condition a LOT of people leave their homes in, my heart knows better. I know for some it's a hard situation and that it may have been the result of something out of their control. The ones I'm frustrated with are the ones that try to play the victim. The "oh, I have to move out before Christmas", or "I have 4 children and they will have no place to go". I'm sorry they are in that situation, but even if it is PARTIALLY the banks fault, they don't care. All they know is you aren't paying the bill, so you have to move out. The homeowner knew for a long time (sometimes even 1 year notice) what was coming.
I am deeply saddened by the amount of people out of work. I know too many people not working. I think that's the main reason why Jake and I go out of our way as much as we can to help those in need. We have given stuff we've found from the houses we clean out to several charities, to church, to friends who don't have a lot. We've even saved unexpired food to give to someone who needs it. I feel sad for the families who have lost their homes, but I feel I can help so many by taking ANYTHING I can find of use and give it to someone who has nothing. Trust me, we give so much sometimes we're really going out of our way when we're already short on time. We put our stuff we have to do at home second when it comes to donating what we've found. I hope that many people can find work soon. In the meantime, we are not the wealthiest people, and we have lots of bills we have to pay off, but I will continue to help those in need because now is when they need it MOST.
I would love to, but I think it's best that I don't comment too much on Obama and his views on subjects I totally disagree with him on. But I will end by saying once again... this almost 1 trillion dollars is going to turn into a LOT more really fast. AND that doesn't even include interest in paying it back. If only people could hear what was going on in my head.
4 comments:
I agree....this stimulus package is just more government spending, and doesn't solve our current problems. It certainly doesn't stimulate the economy, it just creates more government debt.
I didn't vote for Obama either. It was hard to see him win, but my only satisfaction is that some day I will be able to say, "I told you so". lol
AMEN SISTER!!!!!!!!!! thank you christina for having courage to say how you feel. i started a political blog so that i could spout and rant and rave because I also feel the need to say how HORRIBLE I think this new administration is and how they are going to run this country into the ground. I truely believe that the founding fathers are rolling in their graves. this is NOT what they set up. this is exactly what they did not want to happen and why it was so hard for some of them to form a central government. here is the link to my political blog. more posts to come. decemberspoliticalthoughts.blogspot.com, there is also a link on our main blog to it.
Totally agree. I too am sick of the "victim" card being played. Coming from someone like myself, who has lost their home, I say bad decisions have consequenses. Instead of playing the "poor me" card, we have learned that we need to be better informed. We need to live WELL within our means, not right at the cuff. Life goes on. We'll be able to buy a home again in a few years (if we continue to be responsible and save a down payment, something we didn't do the first time). I think there are lessons to be learned. Obama just wants to "fix" things, when people perhaps need a little wake up call. I have a feeling, the bill is only going to get bigger too. And Obama could say he's taking your first born and people would cheer and think its a fabulous idea.
I'm with you on this........I'm a NOBAMA anyways, and I don't know where his gonna take this country.....socialism? I hope American wake up sooner than later.
Post a Comment