Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ward Christmas Party

Saturday was our ward Christmas party. This year it was designed as a breakfast instead of an evening party. This worked out better for us so that way Shyla wasn't getting to bed really late. Breakfast was very yummy. Eggs, a delicious hash brown bake thing, ham, fruit, lots 'o muffins, juice, milk, wonderful breakfast! Shyla came in her PJ's :)

One funny thing that happened while the program was going on. One of our Bishopric was onstage reading a story and one of the children ran up on stage and sat in the chair. He was waving to people and just "hanging out". I know the picture is a little blurry but it was a spur of the moment shot. Funny.

When it came time to see Santa, it went better than last year, but she's still a little "Santa shy". I guess when a tiny person sees a big fat guy in a red suit he can seem a little scary. We were able to get a good family shot though so I was happy. We sang Christmas carols and chatted. We had good time with some of our friends and got a scrumptous breakfast too!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun. I think I like the breakfast ward things better. Our is a dinner this Saturday, and I think this is our first "Ward" activity since we moved.

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

That looked like so much fun. Antioch 1st is having theirs this Saturday... I don't know if we are going to make it or not... but yours looked like a LOT of fun

Rachael said...

I love the family picture with Santa and Mrs. Clause too! Looks like it was a fun "Ward" party. :)

GayLynn said...

Of course I remember you! I am so glad you found me on here! I have not gotten into the habit of posting regularly but I'll try to do better. I enjoy looking at your blog. You have a beautiful family!

THE GROWS said...

thats so fun that your ward still has santa come. your little girl is getting so bug.