Thursday, December 11, 2008

RS Christmas Dinner

Tuesday night was our RS Christmas dinner and ONCE AGAIN I forgot to bring my camera. I'm really mad at myself because I used to carry my camera everywhere. Now, I remember to bring my camera but I don't remember to TAKE PICTURES. What good is it to bring a camera if I don't use it?! OK enough of that, here's how the evening went...

First we had dinner and it was yum yum in my tum tum. We had chicken courdon bleu, green beans, rice, and rolls. During dinner I had nice chatter with the ladies at my table. Ever since I got my calling in Primary I don't get to spend much time chatting with the lovely ladies in my ward. They are always so much fun to talk with. I was able to do a little catching up with them, so that was nice.

Our program/theme was the Three Wise Men. There was a set of wise men on each table along with some really pretty ribbons and gold leaves.

Before our "wise speakers", Gina sang The First Noel and her mom played the piano. They are a very musically talented family. Gina, you sang SOOO lovely. I saw tears in some eyes. And for the record, you totally sound like Nora Jones when you sing in your lower register. Absolutely lovely. After the song, there were 3 "wise" men from our ward that shared a few minutes of their wisdom. All their wisdom was great and I really enjoyed listening to them. They really make you see the true meaning of giving at this time of year. The last speaker sang Oh Come, All Ye Faithful. He sings really well and I LOVE LOVE LOVE how good he can play the piano. And once again, I saw tears in the eyes of some ladies. Can I just say how jealous I am? I practice (probably not as much as I should), and slooooly am getting better. I hear others play these spectacular pieces though, and I can't help but let the jealous in me come out.

1 comment:

Fenima said...

Isn't December a super busy time...party party party...seems like you had fun at your parties.