Thanksgiving day started off at my Grandma's for appetizers (yum) and then off to Uncle Bob and Aunt Susan's home for dinner. There were a lot of people in attendance. This year there were 2 sides of the family. There was my uncles side and my aunts side. In all there were 30 people at dinner!!! We started with 3 small courses, then prayer (always given by my uncle and always heartfelt and a wonderful way to start a good meal), THEN TURKEY!!! After dessert and a little time to chat and catch up with each other.......GROUP PICTURE TIME! I always come with a camera and a need to have to take a group shot.
In this picture (not in order):
-Matriarch Dorothy (my grandma)
-Her 2 children Uncle Bob and my mom
-Uncle Bob's son Ryan, his wife Monica, and their children, Jeremy, Zachary, and Cameron (not shown is Monica's mom who was also at dinner)
-My mom and my dad, my brother (his girlfriend is not shown, she's taking the picture, she didn't want to be in the shot), me, Jake and Shyla (and not visible now, but our soon-to-be son or daughter)
Matriarch Mary (my aunt Susan's mom)
-Her 3 children my aunt Susan, Steve, and Greg?(This was the first time I met this son and I can't rememer his name, sorry)
-Susan's son Jaime, his wife Yvonne, and their sons Gianno, TWINS Niko and Corrado
-Steve, his wife Cindy, and their TWINS Sara and Michael
-The Son I can't remember his name, and his son (I'm sorry I can't remember his name either.)
On Friday we did a little shopping for Black Friday. It certainly wasn't as busy as we thought it would be, which made for some stress-free shopping and some great deals! Before shopping, we met up with some friends that we sure don't see often enough. Danny and Nicola, we're glad that we were able to meet up with you all and see you son who is super handsome! We certainly have to get together more often, maybe for bowling night or something.
Saturday we left for home. Our trip has come to an end.
A lot of stuff went on this year that has made me so thankful for this time I got to spend with my family. The thought that I may not see some of them for a while helps to make me take the moments, as small or large as they may be, to enjoy their company.
2 comments:
you are brave, going to those black friday sales. we did end up going out that day, but around 11, and there was no one out. glad you had fun with your family!!
Soooo fun, it's always great to spend time with families during the holidays. How was the traffic?
Post a Comment