The first night she screamed for about 1 hour off and on. I went in her room once to console her and rock her for a bit. She was OK as long as I didn't lay her down. When it came time to lay her down, she screamed. Then she started pointing where we normally had the binkys and she kept saying "mimis". My heart broke. I closed the door and went downstairs. We waited and about 20 minutes later, silence. That's it! We haven't had a problem since! Wow, wayyyyy easier than I thought it was going to be. I didn't want to have to continue to remember to bring the mimis EV-ERY WHERE I went.
There has only been once instance (the next day) where she saw a binky on the counter and wanted it. We quickly put it in the drawer and distracted her and she forgot all about it.
4 comments:
So brave. You know what stinks? 6-months ago AJ was going to bed without his Binky. I thought, "We should just get rid of them since he doesn't really care or need it anyway". Of course - I didn't. And the older he is getting, the more reliable they become. AHHHHH!!!!! I am fearing the worst transition (it has to be done by his 2-year B-day). I don't know how I'll do it with Mikko around though. AJ already steals Mikko's Binky all the time. AH-HA!! I just had an ah-ha moment. AJ wants his Binky because he sees that Mikko has one all the time. Great. Now what am I going to do?
That's so sad for Miss. Shyla, but she knows that it's all just mean that she is a big girl now. I didn't have to worry about binky with Kai because he didn't like it and didn't even know how to keep it in his mounth. When he turned 2 he found a binky and played with it and didn't even know what it was for.
Oh, so glad that Savannah didn't like these! Doesn't it feel nice to be over that stage? Although you are soon to be back in it. ;)
Post a Comment