Monday, December 22, 2008

Date Night

It's been 1 week since Jake and I have finished our American Sign Language 2 class! We are becoming more and more fluent and it's a really fun language to learn (highly recommend it). For part of our final, we had to make up a short creative story and sign it one on one with the teacher. Jake's was about Max the drunk monkey. Max was out driving with friends, they stole some elephants peanuts, crashed their car, and ran. But the cops arrived and arrested Max. My story was about Slimey the snake. He made beautiful art with his tail. He gave each of his friends some of his art, so when it came time to enter the art show there was nothing left to enter. One of his friends gave back their picture so he had something to enter... and he won 1st place!

Well, after our last class got out about 45 minutes after it started, Jake said we were "going someplace". I knew he was up to something but didn't know what. Shyla was with some friends and unbeknownst to me, Jake had talked to them at church to let them know what he was planning. After a short drive from class we end up at the movies! I was excited because there are so many MANY movies I want to see but we haven't had the time to go(I'm such a movie nut and would see every movie (almost) out if I could). I had been wanting to see Four Christmas' with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. We got expensive popcorn and soda but I didn't care (normally I'd bring my own because it's so expensive there), but I didn't care because I was with my honey! It was nice for us to get out and spend a little time just us. It's something that I hope we can make more time for. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love spending time with Shyla and our dogs, but sometimes I just want it to be me and Jake. It was a great surprise and a nice ending to our crazy day.


THANKS JAKE for thinking of me and us! I really enjoyed the movie.

3 comments:

Heather said...

how fun!! a surprise. and i totally get you, on just wanting to spend a little time with your husband. once a month my mom parents watch andrew for a night so matthew and i can actually get out and be social adults. and i LOVE andrew to pieces, but it is nice to just be the two of us

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

How cute is that!!!!!

Unknown said...

gotta love hot dates!