We decided it was a good time to go out and "Christmas Light Search". Last year when we went out it was just for us, Shyla was not quite a year old. This year was fun because I felt like it was a night for all of us! We used a website called lightsofthevalley.com where you can find houses in your area that have great lights to see. We used that as a starting point and then drove around the neighborhoods in those areas. We didn't get to see as many as we wanted to see but we did get to see some good ones. The first picture is of a home just around the corner from ours. The picture isn't the greatest, it's much prettier in person.
This home is also in Antioch. 
This house had a Santa giving away candy canes! Most people were lazy and just drove up to the Santa but didn't get out of the car. We went down one street/area that had TONS of lit up houses. At one of them there was another Santa. This time we didn't get out of the car, we just rolled down Shyla's window thinking Santa would give her a candy cane... we were sorely mistaken... he had a red sack but no candy-cane-give-aways! :(



Shyla enjoying dancing and singing along with some great Christmas music.
We found a few nicely lit homes in Brentwood. There was even a banner of lights across the street hanging from one side to the other. 
We had a fun time and I hope we can go out another night before or shortly after Christmas. There are still so many houses we want to go check out.
3 comments:
have you been down Shannondale? They used to have the whole street decorated. I haven't been there this year, so I'm not sure if they are decorated this year or not.
I miss doing stuff like this in the Bay Area. I'm sure they have something going on in San Antonio, but without having kids to motivate you to search for it, you never really get to do it. Those houses are pretty elaborate! I always wonder how long it takes those people to set that stuff up...
One day I'll PAY someone to do this to my house! ;)
Post a Comment