I had a checkup appointment today. Nothing new that came up. I did learn however, the the shortness of breath I have all day (I can't even walk down the hall without feeling like my heart is going to jump out of my chest.) and the trouble I have having a conversation after I have been walking around the house will only get worse the more pregnant I become. FABULOUS! I was hoping it was a "1st trimester" kind of thing...nope.
Baby's heartbeat was really strong. I had Jake and Shyla there with me too! Shyla was facinated when she heard the heartbeat. We took Shyla to Pediatrics for her flu shot and I got mine as well. We're both a little sluggish today and I have a headache, but it's not too much different than I feel any other day.
For the update on how I've been feeling........I still have morning sickness, I'm tired, have trouble breathing and catching my breath, and I get headaches more often than "normal". The doctor said, and I know he's right, it's probably because I'm chasing around Miss Energy AKA Shyla all day. When I was pregnant with Shyla I could lay down a lot and rest when I needed too. Now, all I can really do is rest when she takes a nap and sometimes in the evenings when Jake is home. Most of the time though I feel guilty resting upstairs when he is downstairs taking care of Shyla. He's got a lot on his plate and does many different things for our family (School, FTO training for Reserves, Our business, etc.). I want to be able to help him as much as I can. I know my rest is important though, so I'm learning to rest when I have to to keep me and baby healthy.
3 comments:
I feel bad for you because I was sick with all of my pregnancies and I know it's not any fun. One thing the doctor told me, which proved to be true, was that with each pregnancy, my morning sickness would end sooner. By the time I had my last baby, my morning sickness only last 51/2 months. lol
ugh, morning sickness, or in my case morning and then early evening sickness. i hope that it gets better for you. if it gets to horrible to stand, i asked my doctor to put me on zofran. andrea told me about it and it saved me!!
Congratulations on the new baby coming. You probably don't remember me, but we met once in Tracy at church. Tell Jake we think of him often and I sure do miss that guy! I love reading your blog too and seeing the cute pictures of your family.
Debbie Sell (Paul's mom)
Post a Comment