Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookie Exchange

Tonight our Relief Society had a cookie exchange; can anyone say yum? There was also an ornament exchange but I wasn't able to get an ornament on time. There were lots of cute ornaments. One lit up, there was a nutcracker, and one was a mini musicbox. I came home with lots of yummy cookies. Peanut butter ones, cookie bars, gingerbread, one with a cherry in the middle, chocolate chip, peppermint bark, and even a gooey chocolate covered thing. Since I am in Primary, I don't get to see many people who are in Relief Society and I really enjoy their company, and I am thankful for this event to be able to chat with them and catch up!

As an added bonus, when Shyla and I got home, there was a bag waiting from my Visiting Teachers! There were cookies and candy inside. It was a nice way to end the night... to know that I'm thought of even when I don't always feel like I am.

Here is the recipe that I brought. It is so yummy!

NO-BAKE CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BARS

2c peanut butter
3/4c (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
2c powdered sugar
3c graham cracker crumbs
2c (12-ounce pkg) semi-sweet chocolate chips

GREASE 13x9 inch baking pan

BEAT 1 1/4 c peanut butter and butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Gradually mix in 1c powered sugar. With hands or spoon, work in remaining powered sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and 1/2c chocolate chips. Press evenly into prepared pan. Smooth top with spatula.

MELT remaining peanut butter and remaining chocolate chips in saucepan on LOW heat (I just melted in the microwave for about 3 minutes on "defrost" and it worked faster than heating on the stove). Stir until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. Refridgerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 60 (or about 30 something depending on how big you want to cut the bars)

The directions make it sound like it's a lot harder than it really was. Here's what it looks like:


1 comment:

Delirious said...

Oh, I really wanted to go last night but I remembered that I needed to make up some cookie plates for my husband's coworkers. I even bought an ornament. But I am interested to try your recipe because I've been looking for another easy recipe to add to my cookie plates for my neighbors. :)