Saturday, November 1, 2008

We Did Our Part for Prop 8

At the urging of our Bishop, Jake and I went out today and supported the fight for Prop 8. We met in the morning and we all had a job to do. Some people called others on the phone. Some people went to hang door hangers on peoples doors. Some people went out to "sign wave". Jake and I were part of the "sign wave" group. More people showed up as the morning went on. We got mostly positive responses, a few "we're #1's, and a couple thumbs down, but most people seem to be in support of YES on 8. All the efforts we're making are to teach those what Prop 8 is really about and why it's so important.

If you do not agree with me, please keep your comments to yourself. I already know how I'm voting and "rude" or "insulting" comments will not make me change my mind.

With that said... Vote YES on Prop 8 and keep marriage protected!

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Good for you. Cali is in our prayers.

Fenima said...

Great stand Christina, I'm behind you. I'm gonna try to get off work earlier tomorrow to wave sign too. Yes on Prop 8!

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

Right on!!!!! The Hayward Stake is waving signs on Mission. So Makr and I might be heading over there after work to help with the signs. Lets keep praying this passes!!!!

Heather said...

oh christina you are so brave. good for you guys!! i hope yes on prop 8 goes through. how have things been with you?