Sunday, November 16, 2008

How She Does It

At the end of September one morning I went to Shyla's room to get her up. On my way to her door I could hear her talking. Nothing out of the ordinary... UNTIL... I am reaching up to open her door and I'm greeted with a "knock" at the door. WEIRD. When I open the door... guess who is there?!

We though she was going to climb out every day, but she hasn't... until yesterday. We're still laying in bed waking up and I hear a loud "thump" followed by loud screaming. I run into Shyla's room because I knew what just happened and I though she hurt herself. She was OK. A little shaken up I think but everything was ok. After her nap, same thing, little girl greeting us at the door. Then this morning Jake went to get her and VOILA, once again we have a little girl at the door.

I know it's time to move her to a big girl bed, but I'm still painting it. That's a story in itself. I'm hoping to have the painting finished by Thanksgiving, but we'll see. We lowered the side to her crib so she'd show us just how she gets out. It's times like these I wish I had a video camera that recorded for several hours so I could see it first hand.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

You have an escape artist on your hands! lol. Those are great pictures. She seems very proud of her crib climbing skills. :)

Lindi said...

That is crazy. Sounds like a new stage to deal with. Good luck

THE GROWS said...

thats awsome. I am not looking forward to when mason can get out of his crib

Unknown said...

Savannah was never crazy enough (surprisingly) to try to get out of her crib. Savannah was also out of her crib by 18 months, because she wouldn't sleep in it. I love her hair in these pictures!