Tuesday, November 11, 2008

9 Weeks and Counting

Today I am 9 weeks along in my pregnancy and beginning week 10. For the most part I feel the same as I did when I was pregnant with Shyla, but it seems that the morning sickness is slowly getting worse than I remember. With Shyla it didn't really start until about 7-8 weeks into the pregnancy, but this time around I've been naseous for several weeks now. Without getting into much detail for the weak stomachs, I'll just say that I'm naseous most of the day. I feel it in the morning, I'm sort of OK after that until lunchtime or early afternoon, then I HAVE to take a nap (good thing it's the same time as Shyla's nap), then by early to mid evening I'm super naseous and well... I'll leave the rest to the imagination. Ugh.

We got our first baby picture!



I know it shows a little light, but it was either so dark you couldn't see anything or one a little light. This same appointment with Shyla was around 10 weeks so we were able to see a head, arms, and legs. This appointment however was at 7 weeks so all we get to see is a blob. We heard the heartbeat too! While we may only have a blob, it's an adorable blob with a healthy heartbeat.

One of my worst fears was confirmed when I asked if it's true that your first labor/delivery is usually your longest. When I heard YES, I'm thinking I have to get ready for this next one!

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Hearing the heartbeat is so exciting! I love ultrasound pictures, even if all you can see is a blob. :) Thanks for sharing!

I hope you feel better!

Dawnette and Mark Coltrin said...

Wow.. a baby... yeah.. I am not sure where to look... so... I am just going to act like I can see teh baby! ;-)