Wednesday: Jake's parents were on their way down to our place with Shyla. Due to circumstances, they were unable to leave until later on in the evening, so they didn't acually arrive at our place until about 3:30am. By the time they got Shyla set up in her room, got Romeo (their dog) set up in his bed, and got their bed set up too, it was about 5am. Sleep at last!
Thursday: This was my endowment date. Thursday, September 25, 2008. What was neat about my endowment session was that while Jake had already been through and I was going through for the first time for myself, it had been a while for Jake, so he was going through for himself again. It meant so much to see all the familiar faces of people there to support me and Jake on our wonderful journey.








We wanted to have our sealing during this weekend specifically because we felt it was a special time.9/24- Jake's parents anniversary
9/25- Jake is sealed to his parents 10 years earlier (and now my endowment date)
9/26- Our family sealing
Before we went in the Temple for our sealing, we went to the Visitor's Center to see the exhibition of Jesus Christ sculptures by Angela Johnson and get a tour. It was a quiet, calming experience and was a great beginning that would end with our sealing! I am impressed that this woman had no previous professional sculpting experience and was able to capture such blessed images. What a true gift she has.
Saturday: We had a BBQ to celebrate both our sealing and our new place. Most people had not seen it yet. We worked hard while Shyla was gone getting everything in order. It took us a while, but it all came together in the end. It was a nice day and a nice time with everyone. We got to spend some time with friends we don't get to see often enough. It was like a mini Tri-Valley ward reunion.






Wardrobe change.
Shyla and Gregory; he is 10 days older than her (Shawn and Aubrey Bitter's son).
Sunday: It was fast Sunday this day. We had our promary program and stake conference moved around so this day was our fast Sunday for October. This was a wonderful way to end our weekend. It was great to hear people talk about the impact our sealing had on them and to hear their testimonies. It helped to make me feel peace and comfort in a crazy world. For those who couldn't attend any of the events, we know your thoughts and prayers were with us. We could feel so much love and comfort and it made our experience amazing! I am happy to be sealed to my family for all time. I love that Jake is such a wonderful, loving husband. I am greatful that we stuck through our tough road and came out on top. I feel truly blessed to be sealed to such a wonderful, loving, and understanding man. He truly is the perfect match for me! I love everything about this weekend and I feel blessed to have had so many people be a part of it! Thank you all for everything you have done. You all are a great support system and I wouldn't want it to change at all. I love you all!
5 comments:
It was wonderful. Nothing seems more special than watching a family be sealed together. I'm glad you made it too. While it is ALWAYS hard work - the blessings are so much greater. And wasn't conference a great way to start October? So inspirational.
I am so sad that we didn't make it out there. It looks like you had a wonderful experience. We are happy that you are eternal now! It brings me chills just typing it. Families are forever! =)
Congratulations both of you. That is so awsome and I am so happy for you. I wish I was there. Im glad to hear it all went so good.
That was such a beautiful ceremony. We are so happy for you...what a great blessing to be sealed to our family. And the BBQ was so fun and love your guys new place.
I am so happy for you guys! You are being blessed. Another little soul going to a great family!
Post a Comment