Shyla is not a picky eater by any means. She'll eat avacados, hot dogs, fruit, mac 'n cheese, cereal, juice, milk, chips, green beans, cucumber, celery, popcorn, well you get the idea. The list could go on. She knows when she does (and doesn't) want to eat. I've been picking up on the cues as time goes on and I can usually read her pretty fast.
The PROBLEM is that she won't eat hardly anything when she's at home. If she goes to Grandma and Grandpas or a friends place, oh she'll eat anything from potatos to chicken to anything pasta to ice cream! But when we get her home and all she does is push away her plate. It's not like she starves herself all day, she'll eat some things some times. Weird? I'm not concerned about her weight (at least not yet), it's mostly frustration I have. I dread breakfast, lunch, and dinner times. She won't eat what I give her and then she makes a rucus at the table while we try to eat. I do break down and make her a couple things to see if she'll eat anything. *Sigh* it's just really frustrating.
Suggestions have been:
#1 make her 1 thing to eat and if she doesn't want it too bad she'll eat when she's hungry.
#2 let her eat lots of whatever it is that I CAN get her to eat.
#3 let her pick the food she wants, perhaps it's a battle of wills.
I did find tonight that she will eat her cucumbers much faster if she dips them in ranch dressing. SEE BELOW. When I tried some other yummy foods like pasta (she LOVES it), banana, pudding, or fruit, she wanted nothing to do with it. So guess what she had for dinner? You guessed it... cucmbers dipped in ranch dressing and some milk.
Maybe I should just take her to other peoples house for feeding time.
No comments:
Post a Comment