Sunday, October 12, 2008

Catching Up

It's been about a week since I've posted anything. I've been extremely busy with lots of things. I have been able to read everyones blogs though and I'm happy to see everyone doing so well. Here's some pictures of the happenings of our lives in the last week (or so).
A video of Shyla saying one of her new words. Cheesch = cheese. She is also mastering "no", "mine", and just in general doesn't like to share.

Back when we were in our other house, a couple months before we were going to move, our oven decided to lock shut. We figured we'd just keep using our toaster oven. Since we were going to move anyway we didn't think about it too much. Plus, the oven never really heated to the temperature it was supposed to anyways. So when we moved into the new house we were excited to have an unlocked oven. Well, turns out the heating element was missing and we were going to have to buy a new oven. We couldn't have a new oven without a matching microwave. And what's a new oven and microwave without a new fridge... well, you get the idea. We didn't get a new dishwasher yet, but we will soon. Yes, we spent too much money on our appliances. What can I say, we work our tushies off all week long, I think we deserve to spend too much for our appliances.

Shyla has discovered how to put olives on her fingers! I can still remember the time when I discovered that my fingers were too big to fit in olives without breaking them in half. What a sad day that was.

Doing her part on laundry day.

Shyla and I like to go on walks, well I walk and Shyla rides in her wagon. It's been such nice weather until the last 2 days when it started to get colder and more windy. We're so used to getting to play outside that as it gets colder and we have to spend more time in the house we might go a bit crazy. This is how she rode for the whole 30 minutes.

We played with one of those washcloths that are airtight in a little package and you put it in water and the little square becomes a washcloth. Shyla enjoyed splashing in the bowl of water more than the activity I was trying to have her do.

In my attempts to become more "crafty", here is a dress I made for Shyla.

This morning we played outside with bubbles. Even the dogs got involved. Everyone (even myself) enjoyed chasing and popping the bubbles as they flew around. Later on in the morning Shyla got to go over and play with her friend Cheyenne. They are about 3 weeks apart in age and are so cute together. They ran around chasing each other, jumped on the trampoline, and had lunch.

This is a "just because" cake. I was bored and wanted to bake. I know it's not the most professional job, but it was just for us to eat.

3 comments:

Chrissy said...

i love 'just because' cake. so delicious. :)

Lehis said...

I am so jealous of your appliances. They look so "sparkly" and "brand-new". I hate the ugly white ones I am living with right now. The dishwasher is so freaking loud you can hear it in every room. Yours probably barely makes a peep. Enjoy!!

Rachael said...

Shayla's little voice is so precious. I love the video! I can't believe I still haven't seen her. We need to have a girls day when I get back to Cali. :)