Friday, May 16, 2008

Vegas Here We Come!

Jake and I went to Vegas to celebrate my best friends 30th birthday. I even flew!!! Those of you who know me know I DO NOT like to fly. Bad experience when I was younger that stuck with me as I got older and I just have not been able to get over my fear.

We were lucky enough to be able to leave Miss Shyla Marie with my parents. They all had fun, but with Shyla being a high energy toddler, I know she tired my parents out!

We got to our hotel around 8:30pm and we had dinner reservations that night at a restaurant called Tao in the Venician. It's a night lounge/restaurant/dance club. The place is a little pricy, but its a very busy and popular place.

(Jenn, Aimee, Me, Jake)

Dinner was very yummy. This wasn't my dinner though. This is filet minon that you cook yourself in the bowl/pot that sits over a flame. When the water boils you add your meat and cook it however long you want. The meat is cut very thin so it doesn't have to cook for too long. Jake and I shared (the food amounts were fairly big) California rolls for our appetizer and had lettuce wraps and Kung Pao chicken for our main dinner. Even between the 2 of us we still had left overs.

Of course we had to sing HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the birthday girl. The waiter brought out this big plate with all kinds of desserts and a mini fire cracker thing in the middle. The item on the left is actually a big fortune cookie with fortunes in the top. The inside was filled with creame and chocolate mousse. Can anyone say yummm?! I also really liked the vanilla ice cream scoops. It was very vanilla-y.

There were 11 of us in Vegas to celebrate Jenn's birthday. One is missing from this picture but here is the group. Take a good look. Long story that I don't want to get in to, but this is the only and last time we saw the other 6 (me, Jake, Jenn, Kevin, and Aimee hung out all weekend) until we ran in to them accidentally at the airport on our way home.

No comments: