Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fridge on the Fritz

The last few days to a week I've noticed that the food in the fridge just isn't lasting as long as it should before it goes bad. Also, some items in the freezer like frozen juice is liquidy not frozen. As Monday began I called Jake and said there was something wrong with the fridge. So the day went on. By the end of the day we knew something was wrong when I went through and tossed out a LOT of food. Well, at 9:30pm someone came out and said that the pipes are frozen and would need to be replaced and he would come back out tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday). There goes another $400 we don't have. Tuesday morning they call and say the part has to be ordered and they can't come out for 3-4 days. I'm thinking "great, we won't be home in 3-4 days" (we'll be in Vegas!) so I had to schedule for Tuesday of next week!
.
Soooo as everything was warming up in the fridge and thawing in the freezer, we broke out of storage a little fridge that we have. We packed what we could from the fridge in there. I packed everything else up from the freezer, except for a few things to eat over the next couple of days, and took it to my parents place to use their spare freezer. By the end of the night last night, our ice melted.
.
I know that I will be greatful for what I do have, but for the moment, we are having problem, after problem, after problem, and it's getting a little overwhelming. As if we aren't going through enough already.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that things don't seem to be going smoothly. It can be overwhelming, but never fear...it will all work out! =)
Is there anything that we can do for you?

Fenima said...

Christina, I'm sorry to hear that. Just know that if you come to Indonesia you won't experience culture shock because that's how life is for most people, no fridge, so they go to the grocery store everyday.

We also had a drama with our front door yesterday, it's locked (we didn't lock it). There is nothing we could do nor tool we can use to open the door. Kai and I were inside and Scott was outside coming home from work. We had to call lock smith, and there goes our $75.00 for no reason.