I want to start off by saying that I love being a mom. Who knew that someone so small could make my heart fill with love the way it has. I know I may not always be a perfect mom, and I will make mistakes, but I firmly know in my heart that I will always try to do my best and be around for my children in any way I can.
My Mother's Day started Saturday night. Jake had made me one of my favorite desserts (brownie with ice cream on top). Then, I woke up this morning and Jake told me to stay in the room. After a little while, he and Shyla came in with breakfast. Breakfast in bed and someone to take care of Shyla while I got to rest... what more could a mom ask for? As we were getting ready to leave for church I noticed that on the bed there was a magazine and 2 cards. One from Jake and one from Shyla. I admit it, I'm a sucker for celebrity gossip.

Later in the afternoon, we went to my parents place for dinner at Fresh Choice. My brother was in town too (a rarity) so we all got to celebrate together. At the end of the day Jake cleaned up the kitchen and washed dishes. I had a great Mother's Day and I have a wonderful, thoughtful husband to go along with it.

Not sure why, but Shyla would put some food up on the table and then pull it back down on her highchair before she would eat it.

Me and my mom.

Me and Shyla.


No comments:
Post a Comment