Sunday, April 13, 2008

Hot Days

So I don't know about everyone else around here, but I certainly wasn't aware that random hot weather was going to happen. The weather has been nice and relatively mild and then all of a sudden we have a few hots day. Not as hot as it will be shortly when summer arrives, but nonetheless it's still hot. I believe it was somewhere in the 90's today. From what I've seen, it's going to be these few hot days and then back to the nice and mild weather. I feel so bad for Shyla when it's hot. Jake came up with the idea of squirting Shyla with a water bottle.

She loved it!

Shyla was running all over, squealing and laughing, and coming back for more when Jake stopped. The sound of a childs laughter, especially one of my own, is definitely music to my ears. Her laughter can brighten my mood instantly.

The aftermath.

It never ceases to amaze me how the smallest thing (being squirted with water) can make someone SO happy. And it should be that way too. Life is full of such simple pleasures and I think we at times can get lost in everyday struggles and stresses and forget the simplicity. Anyone that plays with a small child will know that. We should all be that easy to please.

2 comments:

Fenima said...

Oh cute...she looks so happy....what a great idea...it's so fun for kids.

TimLoraKat said...

I am not sure where the heat came from either, but I loved it! It is so much fun playing in the heat, like she did with her daddy. Too cute.