Friday, April 11, 2008

Antioch on Fire (again)

Well it's a new year and what would a new year be without the city you reside in catching on fire. Last year in June, the Dow Wetlands caught on fire. Jake had called me up and there was a big fire... so the first thing I did was get the camera and hop in the car (it's so like me). Some of the shots I got are below. But first... today I get a call that there is a fire in Antioch. I hadn't heard any fire trucks or anything so I didn't know what to think. A little later I'm putting Shyla in the car and this is what I see...

This shot was taken from Highway 4.

There was ash floating all over.

This shot was taken in Pittsburg, which was in the direction the smoke was blowing.

HERE ARE SOME OF THE PHOTOS FROM THE DOW WETLANDS FIRE IN JUNE 2007.

1 comment:

Fenima said...

I hope you guys don't get affected. I used to live in Antioch ( for 5 month). It's so hot there in the summer.