Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Black Diamond Mines Park

Today the weather was just too beautiful to not go outside and play. We enjoy going to Black Diamond Mines Park because we can let the dogs off the leash without anyone telling us to put them back on. Lucky for me Jake had the day off of work and was able to come to the park with Shyla and me. I was running around putting things together we were going to take with us and when I went in the kitchen Jake was making lunch. He said we're going to have a picnic today and it's because he appreciates me and knows that I don't get out of the house too often. Since I have a part time job aside from normal house stuff and raising a 14 month old, I certainly don't get out of the house very often. I think it's important to get out and be in the sun. It's relaxing. It gives time for Shyla to run off some of her energy. It's important to get away from worldly things (TV, videos, telephone, computer etc.) and be out in the beautiful world that was created for us.

Our dogs have way too much fun together and it's wonderful. They are stuck in the backyard most of the time. In the second picture below the dogs had ran up the trail ahead of us to the left and came down a "non trail" kicking up dust on their way. Check out Bandit's ears (red dog). These 2 get into so much trouble together.

I don't know the history of why, but there is a small cemetary up one of the trails. We haven't made it up there yet. The path to get up there doesn't look fun if you have to push a stroller up it.

I just absolutely love this next shot. I was trying to shoot just the tree but right after I took the picture and was looking at it in the camera... who do I see? Shyla!

Almost a family shot but someone had to be there to say, "Shyla look over here, look at mommy, *snaps fingers*, *whistle*, Shyla look!" We had gorgeous weather, had a nice lunch, and spend some quality time as a family. Leaving the park though, I could literally feel the stress come back. Whenever I'm in "wooded" and calming settings like at a park or lake, my stress level just drops so much. I can forget about all the things that are bothering me and that need to get done and can just focus on the "now"... and the simple beauty of it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait for the snow to melt here so that I can take Savannah out more! It's been freezing! I'm jealous, and your pictures are beautiful.

Fenima said...

I'm in love with the picture of cute Shyla in front of the beautiful tree. That is so sweet of Jake to make sandwiches and take you on a picnic. You guys seemed to have so much fun.

TimLoraKat said...

I love that shot as well with the tree and Shyla. And a picture of the dogs. They are so cute and big!