Took an impromptu short, yet really long, trip to Santa Barbara. We went to a local beach on the day we arrived. We got to see a school of dolphins come pretty close to the shore. The next day, we went to a beach about a half hour away. It started a little chilly and overcast with fog, but turned into a gorgeous day with just enough sun to make it fun.
 |
| Jacob kept yelling, "Dad, watch out!" really loud. He was very concerned that daddy was going to get hurt by the waves. |
 |
| We built sandcastles. |
 |
| We stopped by the Santa Barbara Mission. The mission was founded in 1786, completed in 1820, destroyed by an earthquake in 1925, and restored in 1927 and 1953. Shyla was a good model and I love that her shirt matched the paint. |
 |
| Making wishes before throwing in their coins. |
 |
| A washing basin that was completed in 181. The indians soaped their clothes on the sloping sides and rinsed them in the center pool. |
On our last day we went to Pismo Beach before heading home. Yes, all in the same day. Totally crazy, but that's us! We did it anyway. It was cold and windy. The water was too cold to go in, but that didn't stop Shyla. I didn't want to go in at all so Jake took her in. It was too cold for Shyla, too cold to go in, but not enough to stop her from trying, haha. Anyhow, Jake had to carry her back out of the water because she was so cold. They came running back to warm up only a few short minutes after heading out to the water.
There are a few missing pictures of burying the kids in the sand that are on my phone. When I sent them to email to save on the computer to add to this blog, it was in the wrong format. I'm still working on getting them added in, but for the sake of getting caught up, when I am able to save them correctly I'll add them to another posting.
No comments:
Post a Comment